What Is Forest School?
Forest Schools is an ongoing programme aimed to develop and build the confidence through supporting self-esteem for all the learners in our setting. We follow the Forest School ethos of six principles which is their criteria for good practice;
1. Forest School is a long-term process of frequent and regular sessions in a natural environment.
2. Forest School natural environment supports the development of a relationship between the learner and the natural world.
3. Forest School aims to promote the holistic development of all those involved, fostering resilient, confident, independent and creative learners.
4. Forest School offers learners the opportunities to take supported risks appropriate to their environment and to themselves.
5. Forest School is run by qualified Forest School practitioners who continuously maintain and develop their professional practice.
6. Forest School uses a range of learner-centred processes to create a community for development and learning.
For more information see http://www.forestschoolassociation.org
At Little Explorers Forest School Nursery, we encourage learners to have hands on experiences and challenges, to discover new magical adventures in our natural environment and to explore who they are and their place in our world. We are deeply passionate that
children are given the right exposure to risk and freedom;
they can receive support and advice;
all children are holistically nurtured and equally valued.
We will do this by facilitating and modelling magical, positive experiences and adventures through story and games, by being at one and connecting with nature. We will lead and practise in a non-judgemental way, where every child and adult in our setting is equal and where everyone in our community gets the same opportunities to achieve and experience. We aim to build resilience for children through raising and securing strong self esteem at an early age in order for them to be able to manage challenges in life as they grow up.
Self esteem is very important to children in order for them to achieve their goals in life. By supporting self esteem through forest schools we can also increase positive brain development, allowing children to learn and make good decisions throughout their lives. We are able to encourage and teach higher levels of thinking through trial and error and problem solving. We can achieve all this by giving your children magical adventures and experiences! Forest Schools magical adventures will be led by Gillian Lee (qualified Forest School Level 3 practitioner) and supported by assistants on duty on the day.